BridgeValley CTC invites applications for a full-time, 9 month, benefits-eligible, Nursing Faculty beginning January 2021.
Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Examples of Duties:
- Planning, teaching, and evaluating theory and clinical components of assigned courses to a diverse student population
- Create and maintain an intellectual environment conducive to critical thinking and significant learning experiences
- Remain current in specialty area and with the changing trends in nursing education and practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, peers, constituents, and communities of interest
- Student advisement and academic counseling
- Attendance at on-campus nursing faculty and college committee meetings
- Assisting with maintenance of records and reports
- Service to students, professional development, and service to the institution and community
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree required (or can meet the WV Bard of Nursing alternate criteria)
- Current unrestricted West Virginia Registered Nurse license
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) designation
- Two years of higher education experience in an Associate Degree Program
- Five years of nursing experience with a demonstrated clinical competence in providing direct patient care
- Knowledge of concept-based curriculum development and delivery including active learning strategies and the use of simulation
- Expertise in medical-surgical or acute medical-surgical and at least one specialty area including pediatrics, maternity, or psychiatric nursing
- Experience with the systematic plan for program evaluation of external accreditation
- Sufficient technology skill knowledge
• BridgeValley will not accept incomplete applications. Please fill out the application
completely, even though the resume may include the same information.
• Employment is subject to satisfactory results on background check.
• Copies of transcripts may be sent but originals must be available prior to hire.
• Demonstration of teaching effectiveness will be part of the campus review process. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to give a short teaching demonstration
on a topic to be determined prior to the interview.
• This posting does not reflect the entire job description and may be changed and/or
modified, at any time, without notice.
• We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.
However, we are not able to sponsor candidates requiring a visa.
BridgeValley Community and Technical College promotes student success, prepares a skilled
workforce, and builds tomorrow’s leaders by providing access to quality education.
BridgeValley is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
legally protected status in its employment, programs, activities.
Please contact the Human Resources office at 304-205-6606 if you need assistance or
reasonable accommodation in the hiring process.