Terms of Employment:
Benefited – Regular Full Time
Designated Administrator/School Principal
Commensurate with the Brandywine School District’s Teacher Salary Schedule
Please visit our District web site & click on Employment Opportunities
Job Goal: Responsible for the delivery of comprehensive psychological services by conducting student assessments to identify developmental, learning and behavioral needs of students to enhance and enrich their educational experiences. Facilitates the best possible adjustment to a student’s school experiences through a complete and comprehensive program of psychological determinations, recommendations and services as deemed appropriate for the individual child.
1. Must currently hold a State of Delaware School Psychologist certification and licensure.
1. Conducts comprehensive psychological evaluations that include but are not limited to the assessment of intellectual, developmental, academic, social/emotional and behavioral status.
2. Assessment and data collection by use of formal and informal evaluation techniques.
3. Interpreting and utilizing assessment data for the purpose of writing psychological reports and developing written intervention plans.
4. Assesses student emotional adjustment and readiness for learning.
5. Counseling students individually and in groups.
6. Providing crisis intervention.
7. Serves as a member of an inter-disciplinary team determining and providing appropriate psychological services.
8. Interprets psycho-educational findings and conducts and participates in conferences.
9. Provides consultation for students, parents and relevant professional associates.
10. Participates in follow-up processes and procedures concerning all aspects of the psychological and educational services for designated students.
11. Functions as a support for the appropriate placement of students in curriculum, testing, guidance and research activities.
12. Submits periodic reporting on psychological services as required and/or requested.
13. Creates behavior management plans in consultation with appropriate staff for identified students.
14. Facilitates and/or participates in school-wide intervention programs, including but not limited to, Positive Behavior Support (PBS) and Response to Intervention (RtI).
15. Assists with in-service and professional development training of district and/or school staff.
16. Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth and development.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the administrator(s).