The Precision Brain Health Initiative at Boston University is seeking a highly motivated, proactive and collaborative full time Research Assistant to start in November or early December 2020. This position will be directly assisting with responsibilities relating to a new AHA/Gates Ventures funded Dementia Innovation Center aimed at developing an “Integrated Digital Technology Platform for Optimization of Precision Brain Health” and reporting to our collaborators in Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK)/ Early Detection of Neurodegenerative Diseases (EDoN) in the UK.
The project includes but is not limited to, working directly with participants and data from the BU ADC HOPE Study and the Bogalusa Heart Study. As part of both EDoN and BU ADC teams, the RA will serve as a Liaison between the BU/Tulane teams and the EDoN () team in the UK to implement the EDoN specific technology platform within our study cohort and be the direct contact for participant questions relating to these technologies, with scientific supervision from the EDoN Clinical Hub.
We seek a highly motivated, proactive, and collaborative individual. This job involves working with elderly participants who may be cognitively impaired, so experience with sensitive populations and patient facing or customer care experience are a plus. Applicants must possess a BA or BS degree in neuroscience, psychology, public health or related social and life science field plus two or more years of research experience working with human subjects, excellent communication and organizational skills, and a strong interest in the application of mobile and remote technology to improve and monitor cognitive health at scale. Previous experience using mobile or electronic applications and devices for cognitive status or other health monitoring is preferred but not required.
Additional specific responsibilities:
● Attend monthly meetings with the ARUK/EDoN group and provide regular reports
● Help collect digital phenotypic data through a combination of in-clinic and remote monitoring devices and smartphone applications related to the EDoN and Linus platforms
●Provide on-going tech support and logistics (mailing out devices, returns, instructions, manuals)
● Collate, manage and analyze data associated with age-related cognitive decline
● Search the scientific literature and digital technology business sector to inform evolvement of the platform as well as guide study design and analyses
● Help PIs conduct statistical data analyses ensuring all assumptions are met
● Prepare data summaries in forms of reports and presentations
●Take part in general project management and meeting administrative and funding organizations reporting requirements
Required knowledge, skills, abilities/competencies typically needed to perform this job successfully:
● Solid analytical skills and attention to detail
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments
● Documented excellent skills for protocol and manual documentation
● Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with other staff in a multidisciplinary environment and with collaborating institutions
● Experience with troubleshooting technology (training will be provided for all tech/apps)
Candidates should provide the following materials for submission:
● Cover Letter
● Contact References
Please send your application materials to email@example.com or apply via Handshake.