Date: Sep 16, 2020
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
The program begins with an extensive corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During the training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group. The summer will be spent in Fort Worth or in a field location that can be anywhere on BNSF’s system. The objective of our Summer Internship Program is to find students that will join us after graduation as part of our Management Trainee Program.
Relocation assistance may be provided to interns who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX, Alliance, NE; Barstow, CA; Belen, NM; Billings, MT; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Fort Worth, TX; Gillette, WY; Houston, TX; Kansas City, KS; Memphis, TN; Minot, ND; San Bernardino, CA; Seattle, WA; Springfield, MO; Topeka, KS.
Start Date: 06/02/2021
End Date: 08/10/2021
Salary Range: $3,625.00 per month
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources Interns may be placed on one of the following teams, specific responsibilities could include, but not limited to:
- Administer and support employee referral program and travel reimbursement program.
- Focus on creating a standing candidate pool through candidate mining and brand awareness.
- Provide support for Applicant Tracking System by trouble shooting errors and responding to user inquires.
- Strategize and implement plans for hard to fill positions.
- Monitor hiring plan including posting and screening requisitions.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and selection of candidates for hire.
- Prepare materials and present training to diverse employee groups on various HR and benefits topics.
- Interact daily with Field HR, Medical Team, Vendors, and Applicants.
- Extend conditional job offers and manage background and medical reviews.
- Ownership of multiple divisions.
- Project management / process improvement.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Primarily an office environment with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Ability to relocate to an assigned location and travel within the BNSF Network for the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Pursuit of a degree in Human Resources, Management, Legal Studies, OR business related major.
- Graduation date prior to September 1, 2022.
- Previous work experience in a human resources related environment.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Relocation Stipend
- Summer Lodging Stipend
- Potential for offer of fulltime position
- Paid Internship
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Human Resources | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, HR, Supply, Summer Internship, Entry Level, Engineering, Human Resources, Operations