Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $584 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $78 billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open-ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments.
- Monitor financing portfolio exposures, economics, and other characteristics
- Develop analytics to identify key risks, inefficiencies, and opportunities across the financing, cash re-investment, and liquidity management workstreams
- Assist BAAM Treasury in conducting ad-hoc analyses, often in partnership with risk, portfolio, and senior management colleagues
- Assist in coordinating dataset importation, normalization, and consolidation, as well as supporting data quality management efforts across the team
- Assist with optimizing FX hedging and execution approaches
- Assist with bank relationship management through enhanced capture and reporting on qualitative and quantitative datasets
- Collaborate with various teams across BAAM including Operations, Legal, Fund Accounting, Business Strategy, Regulatory Reporting, and various senior managers
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Anticipated graduation date: Spring 2021
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Excel, some experience with VBA, SQL, and/or Python is a plus
- Demonstrable experience working with large datasets, possibly through research projects
- Strong academic record in finance, computer science, mathematics or some other quantitative discipline.
- Conversational in finance terminology and markets concepts
- Stout work ethic; genuine passion for excellence
- Keen interest in entering the financial services industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.