Must be able to work on site in Reading, PA.
Berks Counseling Center – Job Description
Position Title: DATA ANALYST Classification: E4
Department: ADMINISTRATION FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Accountability: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER Status: FULL-TIME
Primary Location: BCC Creation/Revision Date: MAY 2020
Reporting to the CFO, the Data Analyst prepares analysis and reporting to support the goals and objectives of the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) / Integrated Community Wellness Center (ICWC) Program as well as the Agency as a whole. The Data Analyst will serve as Project Evaluator in conjunction with specific Grants and Programs funded by state and Federal government Agencies. The Data Analyst will also serve as a liaison between the Finance and IT functions, determining how best to acquire and use information from the Agency’s Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.) and accounting software in support of its overall mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration required with specific coursework in Data Analytics, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business / data analytics, staff accountant or financial / operational analyst role.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish is a plus
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of operational and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and guidelines.
- Skill in Microsoft Office, with specific emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in utilizing various technology equipment and software, including Electronic Health Records.
- Skill in managing competing priorities.
- Skill in working collaboratively with other employees to achieve objectives.
- Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution including identification of the problem or conflict.
- Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, clients and vendors.
- Ability to take initiative on tasks as needed.
- Ability to work independently and meet established goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi‐disciplinary team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize daily activities of self and others and to work as a team player.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and abide by HIPAA regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate data collection related to the OMHSAS CCBHC Expansion Grant
- Prepare financial, operational and quality reporting required by the various grants and programs allocated to the Agency
- Oversee the completion of Patient and Family Satisfaction surveys in compliance with current Agency standards; compile and present results to Leadership to ensure continued quality improvement within the Agency
- Derive reporting to measure client outcomes and foster clinical quality improvement in all facets of the Agency’s practice
- Provide analysis which assesses the efficacy of new Agency programs and initiatives such as Trauma Informed Care and Enhanced Cultural Competency
- Ensure completion of additional assessments required by various grants and programs
- Coordinate with IT Team on creation and maintenance of forms and reports within the Agency’s Electronic Health Records system
- Design, implement and maintain necessary reporting to improve patient engagement efforts
- Ensure data reporting is accessible to all internal and external stakeholders as necessary, including patients, employees, and regulatory bodies
- Facilitate the BCC Data Reporting Committee and participate as a key contributor to the EHR Committee and other committees as assigned to provide relevant feedback on requirements related to reporting objectives of the Agency.
- Participate in meetings, internally and externally, related to these job responsibilities.
- Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- SEEING: Must be able to see well enough to read reports and use computer.
- HEARING: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate to clients, vendors and coworkers.
- MOBILITY: Must have mobility to move about the agency. Must have mobility to move about the community.
- LIFTING/PUSHING/PULLING: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- OTHER: Must be able to write, type and use technology.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Berks Counseling Center. Berks Counseling Center is an equal opportunity employer.