The person in this position will provide general behavioral health clinical supervision in addition to being responsible for development, oversight, and community outreach for the Clinical Department.
Areas of responsibility and services may include: Behavioral Health Services, such as mental health treatment, drug & alcohol treatment, treatment court, veterans’ services, and Opportunity House; Child & Adolescent Services; Community Re-Entry Center (CRC-BCJS); Drug & Alcohol Services; or Intake & Admissions Services.
This position serves as an active member of and leads the multi-disciplinary treatment team with a specialization in serving Spanish speaking patients. Provides counseling and daily support regarding behavioral health, provides education, and assists the team in recognizing and addressing issues. This position will provide mobile outreach as needed.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Master’s degree in a related social services field (LCSW or LPC)
- At least five (5) years of experience providing and/or overseeing mental health and substance abuse services
- Licensure within one (1) year of hire required
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and the ability to drive, travel, and provide mobile outreach as needed
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assure the provision of culturally competent care
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations, laws and standards with regard to behavioral health treatment services.
- Knowledge of OMHSAS/ DDAP licensure requirements and insurance regulations that impact behavioral healthcare.
- Knowledge of the unique needs of substance abuse and co- occurring populations.
- Knowledge of evidence based clinical care models.
- Knowledge of and commitment to physical health/behavioral health integration.
- Skill in working collaboratively with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Skill in time management – managing own time as well as staff being supervised in relation to the tasks at hand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be organized and prioritize based on the daily requirements.
- Ability to effectively represent the population served and the agency in the community.
- Ability to lead others to achieve goals.
- Ability to lead staff in achieving clinical quality measures.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and electronic health records.
Essential Job Functions
- Mobile outreach as needed.
- Provides individual and group clinical supervision for behavioral health staff.
- Participates in integrated care meetings and address both the physical and behavioral health needs of the population served, if applicable.
- Responsible for assuring the organization and its activities are in full compliance with all regulatory and insurance standards.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of treatment plans and physician oversight of same.
- Assures staff compliance with clinical documentation requirements.
- Promotes the effective use of electronic health records.
- Hires/selects, orients and trains qualified clinical staff and interns.
- Evaluates clinical staff and interns as per standards and timeframes established by the organization.
- Represents the organization at local, state and federal events.
- Ensures clinical services are in full compliance with Berks Counseling Center’s integrated interdisciplinary treatment team model of care.
- Plays a key role in overall compliance and continuous quality improvement with regard to clinical services.
- Leads staff in achieving clinical quality measures.
- Responsible for data collection, reporting and outcomes with regard to clinical services.
- Provides input to the organization on emerging trends and concerns related to substance abuse and behavioral health services.
- Provides direct service and or other related activities as needed.
- Effectively participates in both internal and external meeting in a professional manner.
- Leads effective daily huddles, if applicable.
- Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- SEEING: Must be able to see well enough to read reports and use computer.
- HEARING: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate to clients, vendors and coworkers.
- MOBILITY: Must have mobility to move about the agency. Must have mobility to move about the community.
- LIFTING/PULLING/PUSHING: Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- OTHER: Must be able to write, type and use technology.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Berks Counseling Center. Berks Counseling Center is an equal