Tech Start up seeks Social Media Intern who will work closely with the leadership team to help develop social channels (primarily Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
The right candidate will have an excellent news sense and a passion for journalism along with a creative approach to sparking user engagement with news content across platforms.
We are looking for someone who has worked on researching, building and developing an online presence for a company and requires very little supervision.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
- Create and build Social Media and Online strategy.
- Set up all Social Media Channels and create content
- Regularly craft posts to promote original stories and videos on social media
- Manage daily production and distribution of content across social channels with a focus on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Grow audience, traffic, and engagement across social channels
- Write smart, sharp, conversational social copy that tells a cohesive and engaging story
- Work directly with editorial and video teams to consistently identify strong social content to be covered
- Proficiency in all major social media platforms
- Ability to be a team player
- Some background in news, i.e. for a college newspaper
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with photo and video content creation and editing using tools such as Photoshop and more
- Knowledge of how to create and source social assets (social videos, GIFs, images)
- Exceptional communication, writing, and storytelling skills
- Experience managing social accounts for a brand
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Understanding of socially-popular news content and how to research and identify said content
- Bachelor’s Degree or towards a Bachelor’s Degree
Because this is an unpaid internship, students are encouraged to consult with your advisor to determine if this opportunity is eligible for academic credit