Bard High School Early (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education school district in Newark, NJ invites applications from dynamic individual(s) who will join our school community as early as November 2020.
The College Transfer Office Coordinator responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Educate students and parents about the college search and application process, including applying for financial aid, and helping students navigate these processes. Specifically, providing one-one-one and group advising on the career, college exploration, college application, college transfer, and high school-to-college process.
- Incorporate families into the college application process.
- Coordinate and attend college visits, tours, overnights, pre college programs and the annual college fair.
- Assist in planning and organizing all events that support the college transfer office, such as the College Matriculation Ceremony, College Decision Week, Back to School Night, FAFSA workshops and a variety of student and parent workshops relevant to college admissions and financial aid.
- Coordinate with the BHSEC Fellows on curriculum for The College Experience course.
- Teach one section of The College Experience for Y1 students during the spring semester
- Build relationships with colleges and universities in the Tri State area and beyond to assist with understanding and acknowledgement of the Bard early college model and formulating credit transferal agreements.
- Providing additional administrative support, especially to the Dean of Students.
The College Transfer Office Coordinator’s qualifications include:
- B.A. required Master’s degree and certification in School Counseling preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse students required
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with adolescents strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, and communication skills required
- Self-starter with a passion for young people and their development as both intellectual scholars and their personal growth;
- College Admissions experience preferred but not required
- Naviance/EDocs experience preferred but not required
- Experience with college access work including but not limited to career planning, college choice guidance, college application guidance, and FAFSA counseling;