The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Quality Assurance
What You’ll Do:
- Support cross-functional team projects to improve business process effectiveness.
- Develop metrics and other performance measures from business tool datasets to inform improvements and effectiveness.
- Support the piloting of process changes and implementation activities.
- Work with process owners to improve affordability, effectiveness and correctness of process documents.
- Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings.
- Assess requirements and develop, communicate, address, and translate into executable mission success requirements.
- Support anomaly and non-conformance related processes.
- Support miscellaneous quality engineering job duties needed throughout a program lifecycle.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Major in optical, thermal, software, or computer engineering fields, or a related technical field preferred.
- A strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and solo environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Experience or knowledge in Process Improvement/Design for Six Sigma is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.