The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Cost Estimating & Pricing
Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions within the Finance department.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for BOE development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP requirements.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, the Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Progress toward a Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction and prioritize.
- Excellent Math/analytical background.
- Solid communication skills, i.e., oral/written.
- Strong grasp and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to sort through data and provide analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.