Interns are assigned to support a Store Operations team within the Operations department.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Store Operations intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day store operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The Store Operations intern will gain exposure to operations strategies, project management, and process improvement. Through interning with our Store Operations teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Provide detailed forecast date and daily, monthly, quarterly volume information to operations team
· Project manage workflows which should drive, launch, and expand our operations to support our aggressive growth strategy
· Perform data analysis to draw insights around customer acquisition and retention, labor utilization, product mix by location, channel pricing, gross margin, and other key performance indicator related to retail operations
· Build a deep understanding of our customer and our brand, with the ability to translate key insights about our customer value proposition into action items and operational initiatives
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021