Interns are assigned to support a Loss Prevention team within the Loss Prevention department.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Loss Prevention intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day Loss Prevention operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The Loss Prevention intern will gain exposure mitigating risks, preventing, investigating and resolving theft and fraud to ensure product availability for our customers. Through interning with our Loss Prevention teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Ability to identify strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud
· Manage the identification and resolution of internal investigations
· Prepare safety and loss control reports including making recommendations to assist store managers
· Assist in the development of cost-effective methods of decreasing shrink
· Analyze, prepare insights, and consult with business leaders on loss prevention objectives
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021