The Pediatric Coping and Language Lab (PCL) in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin is hiring a full-time Project Coordinator for an NIH-funded clinical trial to test the effects of a bilingual, culturally responsive family-based asthma intervention for Latinx families. The PCL lab (http://sites.edb.utexas.edu/pcllab/) studies the role of family and sociocultural processes in children’s psychosocial and health outcomes, with a focus on understanding and reducing health disparities affecting low-SES Latinx youth. The PCL lab is housed within the interdisciplinary College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin, and collaborates with research teams across the campus, including in medicine, nursing, social work, and communication sciences.
The Project Coordinator will work with the investigators to manage the operations of the project, including training and supervising research assistants, coordinating recruitment and retention of participants, consenting and assessing participants, overseeing data collection and management, maintaining relationships with community partners, IRB management, and managing day-to-day lab operations. The project coordinator will also assist with budget management and preparing annual reports to NIH. The position also offers opportunities for career development and mentorship, including in applying for graduate school in clinical and school psychology, data analysis and manuscript preparation, and engaging in community-based research.
● Master’s degree in social/behavioral science OR Bachelor’s degree plus equivalent experience in project management
● Previous experience conducting human subjects research (clinical research experience preferred)
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) based on clinic and participant needs
- A commitment of at least 2 years to the position
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Location: Austin, TX
Please apply via the external application link (MyWorkDay) through Handshake.