Packaging Line Assistant – 2nd Shift
Duties include assisting with daily packaging line activities required to meet daily production goals.
Shift Schedule: 2pm – 10pm, 5 days a week, M-F.
Reports to: The Packaging Manager
- Maintain proficiency in packaging department, including the ability to function effectively in kegging, bottling, and canning.
- Work week is based on a 40-hour schedule. Due to production needs, incidental overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied shifts.
- Loading of raw materials such as cans, wraps, trays, bottles, cases, carriers, crowns, partitions, and kegs.
- Manually (palletizing) stacking filled can cases onto pallets.
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
- An emphasis placed on cleaning packaging equipment, workspace, as well as assisting in cleaning other brewery areas.
- Assist with the performance of production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding factory environment
- Perform repetitive physical tasks
- Adhere to strict corporate safety policies and procedures
- Be detail oriented and accurately follow instructions
- Communicate clearly with co-workers
- Perform other cleaning tasks as needed
- Ability to smoothly handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Must value hard work, respectful communication, and collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and work safely with basic hand tools
- Candidate must have good computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Outlook
- Experience in a beverage production facility preferred
Candidate should be able to lift at least 55 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move
165 lbs of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer