Duties include assisting with daily production functions in the brewhouse, cellar, and packaging required to meet daily production goals.
Reports to: Senior Brewers in assigned area
- Maintain proficiency in at least two of the following production areas: brewhouse, cellar, and/or packaging. The ability to function effectively in all three areas is considered a plus for the employee.
- Work week is based on a 40-hour schedule. Due to production needs, incidental overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including all three shifts. The work week starts at 22:00 Sunday (3 shift) and ends at 22:00 Friday (2 shift).
- Assist with the loading of raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and safe work area.
- Set up hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations.
- Assist with the performance of production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment.
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of beverage industry experience with a one-year experience of supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have good computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to smoothly handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer