The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for the company. The Area Sales Manager is responsible for leading a team of Field Sales Representatives as well as growing sales, increasing brand presence and strengthening relationships with distributor partners for a defined region.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between the company and our distributor partners.
- Grow volume and distribution targets through execution of the company’s sales initiatives.
- Lead and inspire a Field Sales Representative team with a focus on future growth opportunities.
- Effectively communicate sales and marketing initiatives with Sales Team and Distributor partners.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual sales calls and business reviews with distributor partners and key retailers.
- Execute wholesaler engagement initiatives to motivate and inspire all distributor personnel.
- Manage local budgets including volume, sales and marketing, and distributor.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Reviews weekly business reports and market surveys with Regional Sales Manager.
- Monitor shipments and inventory while adhering to the company’s strict quality standards.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the VP of Sales and fellow members of the team.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Attend special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties and cover other territories as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Team Management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the market where the position is located.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with the company.
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses.
- Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer