Amazon is looking for smart, analytical, and customer-obsessed undergraduates to help build a world-class shopping experience and serve as the leadership pipeline for our rapidly growing global retail business in the Retail Undergraduate Program.
This program provides an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Amazon for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, an effective communicator, and problem-solver. In this role, you will be driving the business results of your vendors and product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of a product portfolio. Day-to-day tasks may include developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, determining promotional strategy, developing marketing programs, inventory management, product launches, and conducting detailed analyses to identify growth opportunities driving sales and margin improvements -among other initiatives. You will also create best-in-class customer experiences, and play a critical role in managing strategic and established brands to drive profitability and topline performance for your category. The Retail Undergraduate Program roles are in the general management career path at amazon. The general management career path offers the opportunity for advancement into a variety of leadership roles including marketing/merchandising, vendor management, product management, account management and inventory management.
As part of the Retail Undergraduate Program, you will join a cohort of recent graduates in late June 2021 and be supported not only by leadership, but also by a strong network of tenured program participants who were hired in prior years. To help you hit the ground running, program hires participate in a comprehensive onboarding experience and formalized training to supplement on-the-job learning. You will also have access to career guidance and coaching on an ongoing basis. The members of this community are enthusiastic and able to help you grow professionally while encouraging you to have fun in this fast-paced and exciting environment. This is an ideal entry point to chart your own path at Amazon.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a completed degree between December 2020 and June 2021
· Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
· Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environment
· Proactive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player
· Strong oral and written communication
· Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Experience analyzing data to support decision making
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word)
• Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level
• Internship experience in management consulting, investment banking, tech, or brand management at a leading consumer packaged goods company
• Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities, and relationship or account management experience
• Proven analytical skills
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Experience communicating effectively at all levels of an organization
Interviewing for these positions will begin early 2021
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.