At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for an internship is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to learn more about:
· Our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2017 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
· Please list your undergraduate school and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Internship recruitment will occur October 2020 – January 2021
· Internships are full time (40hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks
Accounting – Financial Analyst:
Applications are now open for the 2021 summer accounting internship at Amazon. We are seeking data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented financial analyst interns who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Included as part of the internship is the intern project, which requires the candidate to flex their accounting, analytical, and business understanding while also optimizing, improving, and driving quality to solve a problem or improve an existing process. This role will interact with various business partners that span across accounting, finance, operations, and technology organizations within Amazon, and will present the result of the project for evaluation at the end of the internship.
The global accounting organization oversees our financial reporting, internal controls, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities, and supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. This team is focused on controllership, customer experience, and operational efficiency.
Business-Unit Financial Analyst:
Amazon is seeking data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented financial analyst interns to work in Seattle, Washington or other locations. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to dive deep. Preferred applicants has intermediate (e.g., vlookup)/advanced Excel skills (e.g., Write/edit VBA), and a basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns).
· Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with an expected conferral date between December 2021 and Summer 2022
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or other business related majors with expected conferral date between December 2021 and August 2022
· Ability to think and act strategically and tactically
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· Solid organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.