At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2017 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
· Please list your Undergraduate School and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Full-time recruitment will occur during Mid-October 2020- January 2021
Accounting – Financial Analyst: Amazon’s global accounting team is searching for financial accounting and audit professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. The global internal audit team is committed to the priorities of the Audit Committee and partners with the business to identify and assess risks and opportunities. We are focused on controllership, customer experience, and operational efficiency. As a part of the company’s system of internal controls, we test controls for effectiveness using a disciplined and independent approach and propose controls to mitigate risk.
The program is designed to support the experience requirements for several professional licenses (e.g. CPA) and certifications (e.g., CIA, CISA), and develop a broad set of skills and experience within Accounting through a 2-year rotation program. The program offers structured training and development, networking and comradery opportunities. A Financial Analyst will support both Central Line (e.g. Financial Reporting, M&A, Intercompany), and Business-line Accounting (e.g. Inventory, Payments, Digital) throughout their time in the program. Participants will follow a 6 month/6 month/1 year rotation schedule, and be exposed to financial reporting, month-end close processes, internal controls, analytics, technical accounting, digital initiatives, and new business launches. Preferred applicants had exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue. Full-time roles are available in Seattle, WA
Business-Unit Financial Analyst: The Amazon Finance Rotation Program (AFRP) – Business Unit-Financial Analyst role is a two year rotational program that starts aspiring leaders within the Finance Global Business Services (FGBS) organization. The AFRP has (2) six-month rotations and (1) year rotation across business units. Participants will develop technical skills while partnering with their business teams to drive process improvements, new business growth, and/or cost out opportunities. At the end of 2 years, participants will positioned to take on higher responsibility with a broad scope of roles available. Responsibilities include preparation and reporting of financial performance for weekly, monthly, and annual reviews. Producing meaningful operational metrics to help drive performance and achieve business objectives, and applying financial acumen and technical understanding to provide insights on growth, profitability, capital investment, and cash flow. Preferred applicants have Intermediate (e.g. vlookup)/Advanced Excel skills (e.g. Write/edit VBA), and a Basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns). The position is located at Amazon’s Headquarters in Seattle, WA.
· Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with an expected conferral date between December 2020 and Summer 2021
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or other business related majors with expected conferral date between December 2021 and August 2022
· Ability to think and act strategically and tactically
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· Solid organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.