BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES
*You must be open to relocate across the US for this role.*
What does it look like to be an Operations Finance partner for a $100 billion and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in Operations to help us redefine our distribution network every year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
The Operations Finance Rotation Program (OFRP) – Operations Financial Analyst role is an intensive entry-level program spanning four assignments in preparation for large leadership roles in finance. The program combines coursework as well as challenging job assignments to equip you with exceptional technical, financial, business, and leadership skills. Candidates are geographically relocated at each rotation to ensure they gain the varied experience to be well rounded leaders in our organization. The program is led by senior Amazon professionals and mentors that are committed to developing financial leaders for exciting careers.
Participants in OFRP join Amazon as Financial Analysts (FAs), and are given significant responsibility from the start to drive both business and financial decisions. FAs are expected to evaluate and quantify new business ideas, and perform data-intensive analyses, all to drive meaningful change and improvement to the way we serve our customers.
This rotational program will offer you the opportunity for accelerated career growth, and provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence. After successful completion of this rotational program, participants are expected to take on financial leadership positions supporting one of Amazon’s many business units.
· Participating in staff planning and maintaining/improving metrics and models
· Conducting financial analysis to help identify cost reduction opportunities
· Collecting and analyzing quantitative data from the manufacturing process paths
· Walking through the fulfillment center and working with hourly associates to identify cost out and process opportunities
· Designing and maintaining reports based on collected data
· Communicating results to Controller and other department leaders
· Maintaining data integrity
· Owning both variable and fixed budgeting on a weekly, monthly, and yearly level , upwards of $100MM
· Working with and supporting Operational Leaders across many different business functions to drive network level cost savings and efficiency
· What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
Locations and Placement:
· Must be willing to relocate throughout the program (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· This is a rotational program and candidates can be expected to move up to four times during the two year program
Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with an expected conferral date between December 2020 and Summer 2021
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree program in Business, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
· Fluency in standard software including Excel, Access, Oracle, Essbase, SQL and VBA skills a plus
· Solid problem solving and root cause analysis experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and business sense
· Strong attention to detail, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.