We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
We are seeking a full time, rotating 2nd shift Youth Care Worker at our Lake Villa, North Chicago, and Waukegan, Illinois locations to work actively within the unit/cottage to implement individual and group programs through the care, supervision, monitoring and direction of the residents encompassing activities related to residents’ health, education and welfare as well as care for the physical environment and maintain appropriate records.
· Provides general direction and supervision to residents within the unit/cottage, including one-on-one attention to assigned residents, in accordance with the individual unit/cottage programs. This includes ability to physically restrain acting out residents per safety and behavior management standards.
· Directly supervise residents in performance of daily chores and personal hygiene practices.
· Assists in the preparation and/or serving of meals to residents in the unit/cottage when appropriate to the unit/cottage program.
· In conjunction with the treatment team, assists in developing, writing and implementing group and individual treatment plans.
· Administers medications and follows medical procedures for residents as directed by the Health Services Manager.
· Participates with residents in cottage recreational activities, as well as other planned recreational programs.
· Works collegially with recreation staff, school staff and others within the treatment team to ensure quality of care for unit/cottage residents.
· Documents shift activities and maintains appropriate records including all data needed for Medicaid billing. Completes appropriate forms and paperwork. Maintains and updates hard copy and/or computerized files/records.
· Maintains adequate supplies for unit/cottage, reports maintenance and vehicle repair needs and responds to personal needs of residents as appropriate (i.e. haircuts, new clothing needs, etc.)
· Transports youth to prescribed off-campus activities.
· Participates in unit/cottage team meetings; attends appropriate staffings and other meetings related to residents, as needed.
· Provides assistance with special projects.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field OR 5 years of equivalent experience.
· First Aid/CPR certified within 90 days of employment.
· Per DCFS regulations, candidate must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Related experience in the field of social services and/or mental health desired.
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
Job type: Full time including weekends and holidays possible
Location: Lake Villa, IL; Waukegan, IL; North Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association).
Related search terms: Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology,Mental Health Specialist