Saint Vincent Hospital’s Objective: To obtain interns majoring in communications, marketing or related field who are interested in nonprofit work or event planning. We can take an intern every semester, and in the fall we can accommodate two internships.
Saint Vincent Hospital, a member of Allegheny Health Network (AHN), is committed to serving Erie and the surrounding communities. From our hospital to specialty diagnostic and outpatient facilities, we are committed to the highest quality patient care.
As this region’s Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Saint Vincent made a commitment to provide the highest level of care to every child regardless of the family’s ability to pay. Thousands of children have been able to survive and thrive because of the millions of dollars that have been raised by individuals and corporate partners.
Primary Responsibilities: (including, but not limited to):
· Assist with communications and relationship building among community partners
· Assist with Saint Vincent Hospital fundraising campaigns.
· This internship may also involve basic event planning for Festival of Trees/AHN Saint Vincent Gala. The intern may be asked to contact community organizations and businesses to request their help with the raffle portion of the event.
· Assist with administrative duties
· Assist with mailings, including editing letters for Children’s Miracle Network Fundraising campaigns.
· Assist with marketing and event plans as they arise. Graphic design experience is a plus.
· Must have excellent organizational skills
· Must pay attention to details
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· 12-20 hours per week, flexible on times
· Fall Intern(s) must be able to help with Festival of Trees the week of thanksgiving in November (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and closed on Thanksgiving)
· Students may submit resumes and cover letters directly to Toni Hess Development Coordinator (Toni.Hess@ahn.org). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Questions can also be directed to Toni Hess.