The Network Administrator is responsible for the day to day support, monitoring, troubleshooting, and configuration of the network, firewall and telecom infrastructure. Technologies directly administered and supported by the Network Admin include, but are not limited to, Network WAN, LAN, WiFi running Cisco and Extreme technologies; Firewall Technologies such as CheckPoint &Palo Alto; Analog, Digital, VOIP, and carrier telecom environments from Avaya and Cisco. Network cabling and terminations, 568A/B, RJ45, RJ11, patch panels, cable management, etc…
The Network Administrator is a member of the overall IT team across the health systems we manage. As part of the IT team, end user support is critical to thes uccess of the business. While the Network Administrator will assist with the higher tier support for our end users, it is expected that this position will work very closely with the first and second tier technicians to ensure long term solutions are developed and implemented from an end user network and telecom support perspective.
Education: Bachelor degree in an Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major is preferred. Associate degree with experience is acceptable. IT specific certificate in related field is desired, such as Avaya / Cisco / CheckPoint / PaloAlto
- Experience administrating andmanaging a Cisco network in a physical and virtual environment is preferred.
- Experience administrating and managing an Avaya or Cisco telecom infrastructure in aphysical and virtual environment is preferred.
- Experience administrating and managing a CheckPoint or PaloAlto firewall in a physical and virtual environment is desired.
- Experience in A3 Lean and Processes Improvement is desired.
- Experience with project management concepts and working experience in PM practices is desired.