Who We Are:
We are an educational startup focused on social innovation, determined to provide immigrants with the information and tools they need to become United States citizens. It is our mission to make a difference in the lives of millions of immigrants by providing an affordable and accessible path to citizenship.
Focus Area: For their focus, interns can choose between blog writing, social media content creation, or both. You will have the opportunity to create several articles and/ or posts that have a meaningful impact on several local and global communities. These content creations can be used as additions to your resume and portfolio.
As a Content Creator You Will:
- Have your work published and expand your portfolio
- Receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of the program
- Pitch, write, and edit meaningful and resourceful content
- Learn how to develop content that reaches large audiences and encourages engagement
Qualifications + How To Apply:
- Must be in the first, second, or third year at an accredited school.
- Must commit to at least 3 months in the internship program.
- Writing or blogging experience is preferred
- Please attach a copy of your resume, a writing sample, and a short paragraph detailing your interest in the internship.
Students accepted into the internship program participate in remote targeted training and experiences and have the opportunity to take advantage of learning and development programs and systems that our company offers. This includes 1:1 mentorship, custom learning and development sessions, and other programs focusing on startup and social good innovation. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are critical components of what we as Aliens do so we ensure these topics are integrated throughout the program.
If accepted, internship participants are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution to their teams. Responsibilities are assigned to interns at the start of the program and continuously throughout their engagement.
This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.