The Adelphoi Ketterer Charter School was created to address the specific needs of disruptive youth. Ketterer Charter School’s student population consists mainly of adjudicated youth from across Pennsylvania who are considered neglected and/or delinquent as well as students from local school districts who are having difficulty conforming to a traditional public school setting.
Full time Special Education Teacher/Coordinator position is available. Eligible candidate must possess an active PA certification in Special Education in grade 7-12. This is a 190 day contracted position, 180 academic and 10 professional development days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in collaboration with regular education teachers by providing support and suggestions on adaptations and modifications.
- Track and document student progress through the progress monitoring system.
- Follow all policies and procedures of special education by keeping up to date on regulatory changes, attendance in trainings, etc.
- Maintain thorough and organized working files for each student receiving services.
- Facilitate learning of academic, social and life skills.
- Administers pre/post tests and incorporates results and needs of students into educational planning.
- Submit special education enrollment reports to the appropriate departments.
- Write, monitor and facilitate the implementation of IEP recommendations.
- Coordinate the collection of all appropriate school records.
- High level of knowledge utilizing technology.
- Facilitate classroom instruction as required.
- Company benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, pension, tuition assistance and more! Extensive training.
- Non-profit organization