Utilize your skills to improve people’s lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Technical Assistant/Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
- Location: Microbiology
- Shift: May need to rotate shifts based on workflow/training
- 40 hours/week
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
Professional Technical Assistant your job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Aliquot Covid samples
- Responsible to schedule aliquoting of Covid samples
- Organize the flow of specimens to the testing area (manage by Priority and Date Collected)
- Expedite samples for testing (monitor emails and locate requested samples)
- Train employees on the aliquoting process for Covid testing
- Build samples to a load
- Properly store sample based on stability/age of sample (freeze as required)
- Monitor pending list
- Manage supplies for aliquoting process
- Assist with monthly inventory and supplies
- Respects and follows patient confidentiality laws
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology
- Computer knowledge
- Comfortable handling bodily fluids
- Comfortable using laboratory equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or student in a laboratory science program
- Medical assistant certification
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting
ACL and our highly trained team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.