Utilize your skills to improve people’s lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Technical Assistant/Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
- Location: Main
- Shift: 3
- 40 hours/week
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
As a professional Technical Assistant your job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist Medical Technologist in daily routine tasks
- Sort samples and delivery to designated testing areas
- Process samples by centrifuging and pouring off serum/plasma
- Prepare reagents used for testing
- Perform waived testing
- Prepare 24 hr urine containers with required additive
- Perform QA/QC duties
- Load and unload analyzers for testing
- Stocks and organizes laboratory supplies
- Answers and responds to incoming calls
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Respects and follows patient confidentiality laws
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology
- Computer knowledge
- Comfortable handling bodily fluids (blood, urine)
- Comfortable using laboratory equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or student in a laboratory science program
- Medical assistant certification
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting
ACL and our highly trained medical technologist team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.