Utilize your skills to improve people’s lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist II to join our dynamic team.
- 1st Shift with responsibility for Training and Competency Assessment on 2nd shift
- 40 hours/week
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
As a professional Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist II (MTII) your job responsibilities and duties will include:
Responsible for performing routine and non-routine activities pertaining to laboratory testing and the reporting of results. Performs moderately difficult to complex tasks. Performs assigned analytical testing procedures in an accurate, precise, and timely manner. Serves as more senior technologist due to certification, education and/or experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I.
- Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department. Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Make suggestions for improvements; actively participate in implementation of process improvements.
- Assist with oversight and training of department employees as necessary
- Participates in the Competency Assessment process. Responsible for training and assessment of 2nd shift staff.
- Assist with test/instrument validations.
- Assist with QA monitors.
- Serves as a mentor for new employees and/or students.
- Assist with the (assignment and) submission of proficiency testing.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S.,MT Certification or equivalent
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Minimum of six years clinical experience.
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities for self and others and handle several procedures simultaneously including troubleshooting instruments and other problems/issues.
- Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department goals.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients will be required, good customer service skills important.
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
- In-depth understanding of operating practices and polices
- Comfortable using medical technologies and lab equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
ACL and our highly trained Clinical Laboratory Scientist team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.