This position will be at a ABC Supply branch in our Northern Ohio territory which encompasses the areas in and around Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
ABC Supply, the nation’s largest distributor of select exterior and interior building materials, is seeking motivated, success-driven individuals to join its Manager Candidate in Training Program. These associates will train to manage and grow an ABC Supply branch of their own. ABC Supply Branch Managers have the tools they need to be successful. They operate their branch in an entrepreneurial manner and have high earning potential.
Associates in the Manager Candidate in Training Program have on-the-job training in all aspects of branch operations, granting them the opportunity to learn from an experienced Branch Manager and his/her team. In addition, they undergo comprehensive Branch Manager Training at ABC Supply’s National Support Center. This training incorporates lectures, case studies and guest speakers. When the training program is successfully completed, these associates are potential candidates to become Branch Managers.
Specific Branch Manager duties may include:
- Overseeing and taking responsibility for the branch’s profit and loss accountability
- Hiring associates and monitoring their performance
- Maintaining an adequate and accurate inventory as well as conducting inventory and cash control self audits
- Setting and monitoring pricing and ensuring an acceptable margin on sales
- Overseeing outside and inside sales teams and ensuring sales growth
- Maintaining and improving customer satisfaction and ensuring acceptable service levels and timely deliveries to customers
- Generating the associate work schedule and controlling overtime
- Determining additional products to add to the existing product line
- Ensuring that company safety policies and DOT requirements are followed
- Successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously
Specific qualifications for the Manager Candidate in Training Program include:
- College degree (Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, or other related field)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to relocate
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Flex spending
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
ABC Supply is proud to be an employee-first company. In fact, we have won the Gallup Great Workplace Award every year since 2007 and Glassdoor has named us one of the best places to work in the country. Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts, and helps you reach your full potential. At ABC Supply, we have your future covered.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace