SAVE THE DATE – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Gateway to Pediatric Research Program
A Postdoctoral Diversity Initiative
ATTN Senior Grad Students and Junior Postdocs:
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is pleased to announce the upcoming Gateway to Pediatric Research Program, a two-day event taking place virtually on April 21 and 22, 2021.
The goal of this event is to introduce CHOP research to promising senior graduate students and junior postdoctoral fellows from different backgrounds, races, ethnic groups, life experiences, research experiences and employment backgrounds. Those interested in exploring pediatric research at one of the top ranked US children’s hospitals are encouraged to save the date and apply. The call for applications will open on or before March 1, 2021 and close on April 2, 2021.
Graduate students and postdoc candidates that successfully match with CHOP faculty members during this program will be eligible to apply for up to $2,000 in funds to relocate to the Philadelphia area when starting their position.
Sign up for announcements and get notified when the call for applications is open
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF PHILADELPHIA GATEWAY TO PEDIATRIC RESEARCH PROGRAM
A Virtual Postdoc Pipelining Event for Diverse Scholars and Future Leaders
April 21 and 22, 2021
Mark your calendars for both days:
Add to Outlook – Day 1, Day 2 || Add to Gmail – Day 1, Day 2
• An introduction to a world class pediatric research hospital, including its many research programs, training opportunities, and campus life
• The opportunity to make meaningful connections with CHOP/Penn faculty, potentially leading to a postdoctoral position at Children’s Hospital
• An introduction to the institutionally funded Postdoctoral Fellowships for Academic Diversity and the CHOP Gateway Relocation Award
KEY PROGRAM ELEMENTS
• View keynote research talks from esteemed CHOP/University of Pennsylvania faculty
• Connect with CHOP faculty in brief 1:1 chats
• Present your research to peers and faculty and receive constructive feedback (optional)
• Hear from current CHOP postdocs, including our postdoc-driven CHOP Postdoc Alliance, about life and research in Philly and on the CHOP/University of Pennsylvania campus
• Learn how to apply for CHOP Postdoctoral Fellowships for Academic Diversity
The call for applications will open on or before March 1, 2021 and close on April 2, 2021. As part of the application process, candidates will be asked to complete an online application that includes:
• An updated CV/resume
• A brief statement of interest
• A research abstract (OPTIONAL)
Sign up to be notified when the call for applications is open
ABOUT CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF PHILADELPHIA
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is the nation’s first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children, and has repeatedly placed on the U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. The CHOP Research Institute is world-renown, leading research breakthroughs and medical innovations for more than 90 years. The Institute continues its dedication to translating innovative research findings to outstanding patient care.
Questions may be directed to the CHOP Office of Academic Training and Outreach Programs, at email@example.com