Transcripts for Job Applications

As a currently enrolled student, you can get an unofficial transcript for free. You can do this through Degree Works.

  • Click the button on the top that says, “Unofficial Academic Transcript”
  • A new window opens displaying your transcript.
  • Right click to display options menu and select print (you do not need a printer)
  • In the ‘destination’ field choose ‘Save as PDF’ from the drop-down menu instead of choosing a printer.
  • Now you can download a PDF copy which can be uploaded on multiple job applications.

If a job application asks for transcripts, try to use an unofficial transcript since it is free. Unless the job application specifically states official transcripts are needed (which is not very common) you will have to go through a different process that has a cost.

This is the link you will end up at if you click ‘Get My Transcript’ from the menu in the Scots.

For this process you have two choices of how to receive your transcript: Mail/paper copy or Electronic PDF delivered via email.  Choose the electronic PDF copy and have this emailed directly to you. Then you must download and save the PDF to your hard drive/computer, cloud storage, etc. because the link to view it will only be active for a limited time. Once you do this, you will have your own copy that you can upload to any job application.

By Christina Moreschi
Christina Moreschi Career Development Manager Christina Moreschi