The Center for Career Development and Experiential Learning is open to see students virtually and face-to-face during the Fall 2020 semester. Students have many options to obtain services and resources.
- Current students-Career coaching/counseling: Schedule a phone, video or face-to-face appointment with a career coach or counselor in Starfish. If you select a Zoom Appointment, we will send you a link to use for the Zoom video conference prior to your scheduled appointment. Zoom calls are a great option for visual learners, because our staff can share our screens with you. This is also a good accompaniment to resume reviews.
- Resume writing/cover letters, etc.: We provide extensive resume examples and guides on our website here. You may submit your resume for a review by a member of our staff via this form. You may also schedule a video appointment with us and view a live screen share as we discuss your resume.
- Interview preparation: We offer full interview preparation services, including mock interviewing, through our online Big Interview system. You may view an instructional video about how to use Big Interview here. You may request feedback on your mock interview by contacting a member of our staff or simply sharing the video link in an email. Alumni may access Big Interview and use the code ‘2020’ when creating an account.
- Internship and/or Job Searching: Our internship and job database is online through Handshake, which you may access here (we already created your account, just activate it to get started). You may view an instructional video about how to activate your Handshake account here.
- Career Assessment: Our career assessment is fully online and available here. You may view an instructional video about how to use the Traitify assessment here. You may schedule a phone or video appointment with a staff member to discuss your results.
You may also want to view our extensive articles and career development resources on our website during this time:
Christina Moreschi works with students in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science, and the School of Business
Click here to schedule with Christina
Peter Ostrander works with students in the College of Science and Health Professions, and the School of Education
Click here to schedule with Peter