Kaylee Kagiavas – University of Florida

“I have had great, knowledgeable and friendly professors throughout my time here and can only hope to one day be as passionate about my profession as they are.”

Individualized Studies
Minors: Women’s Studies, History and Psychology

After graduation, I will be attending the University of Florida with a graduate teaching assistantship for their Masters of Arts in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Research. I chose to come to Edinboro because I wanted to be somewhere close to home, as well as affordable. Once I decided to pursue women’s and gender studies as my major, I was disappointed to find out that there was not a program.

However, through the individualized studies title I could create a curriculum that would have all the requirements I need to have a well-rounded women’s studies education. Although this may seem like a disadvantage, I am proud of the education I received and believe that I have a unique outlook on women’s and gender studies topics because of the interdisciplinary courses I have taken. I have had great, knowledgeable and friendly professors throughout my time here and can only hope to one day be as passionate about my profession as they are.

By Monica Clem
Monica Clem Executive Director, Career Development and Experiential Learning Monica Clem