Gabriel Hypes – Syracuse University in the Newhouse School

“From the moment I stepped on campus, this place has been welcoming and opportunistic, and gave me the skills and experience I needed to continue my education at Syracuse University…”

Journalism & Public Relations
Concentration: Digital Media

I came to Edinboro as a transfer in search of a school that could give me the resume to one day work in the entertainment industry. The first week I was at Edinboro, I knew I made the right choice. That first Wednesday, I co-hosted a sports radio show with two of the best guys I’ve ever met – Drew Patrick and Mike “Tubby” Schmidt. And that Friday, I was color-commentating the soccer game at Sox Harrison Stadium.

From the moment I stepped on campus, this place has been welcoming and opportunistic, and gave me the skills and experience I needed to continue my education at Syracuse University in the Newhouse School studying television, radio and film. Edinboro gave me the knowledge I was looking for, and I am hoping Syracuse will establish the connections so I can combine the two and start my career. From my professors to the friends I’ve made here, I have plenty of good things to say about Edinboro University.

By Monica Clem
Monica Clem Executive Director, Career Development and Experiential Learning Monica Clem