Dakota Palmer – Syracuse University

“Edinboro’s journalism program has introduced me to some of the greatest and most supportive professors…”

Journalism & Public Relations
Minor: Communications Studies

I’ll be attending Syracuse University to work toward my master’s degree in Magazine, Newspaper and Online Journalism, with a Sports Communication emphasis. I chose Syracuse because the 1-year program has a great curriculum and will get me into my career field sooner. Additionally, the professors there are incredible veterans of the journalism world, so it really was a no-brainer for me to consider ‘Cuse.

Edinboro’s journalism program has introduced me to some of the greatest and most supportive professors, and through their guidance I was able to determine grad school is the right choice for me at this time. I know once I get to Syracuse, I’ll have an advantage since I was able to be taught by such great professors. In addition to serving as mentors, they’ve also introduced me to amazing opportunities. Without Edinboro, I certainly would not be in nearly the same position I am today.

By Monica Clem
Monica Clem Executive Director, Career Development and Experiential Learning Monica Clem